Monday, March 25, 2013

Final posting

The girls have been home for 3 weeks now, which is still a week shy of our time out in Uganda, but it is going by fast.
The girls showed quickly that they were not going to respond well to home-schooling, so we opted to enroll them in a public charter school to get them separated from each other and encourage them to start speaking more English. Scot and I realized a pattern that they would refuse to speak up to others in English, but would chatter away with one another in Lugandan all day. We figured that separating them during the day and getting them together with English-speaking kids would help foster and speed up the learning curve for them.  So far it has yielded positive results.

We are settling into our routines now. The girls have school Monday-Friday, we go swimming on Friday nights sometimes, or have a family movie night, Saturdays we play, and Sundays are for church and community group.
Between the extra loads of laundry, more house cleaning than I anticipated, and continuing to bond and learn about our new children, Scot and I find ourselves with full days.
With that being said, I believe that it is time to bid our blog a fond farewell.
We thank those of you that have read it and responded, prayed for our family, and blessed us with support.

We do sincerely hope that this blog, and our message, has touched your heart. We feel very strongly about our faith in the Lord, and believe that adoption is just one of many ways to serve Him and display His love and faithfulness to us as His adopted ones.  Our final request to those who may be willing, is that you would pray that God touches our daughters' hearts. We hope that they would one day realize that what we have done is NOTHING compared to what He already accomplished on the cross. This week being Easter is a perfect time to remember how truly needy we are, and how He has satisfied that need with the sacrifice of his son Jesus.

God bless you all, and again, thank you!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, please don't stop writing now! I have really enjoyed reading about your journey and cheering you guys along from afar... but the amazing journey of parenthood is only beginning for you now! I bet you will have more to say about the challenges and joys ahead - keep sharing! I find blogging to be a wonderful way to organize my thoughts and to document memories. (Although I must admit I've been neglecting my own poor blog lately!) So, from a fan: please consider continuing to post updates, at least occasionally. I'm sure that others who are considering following in your footsteps would enjoy continuing to follow your story here! And... congrats again to you & Scot. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I posted this for my friends in Facebook land. Praise the Lord for his hand in all that happened over the last several months. Look forward to my visit soon. Love you guys!

    ReplyDelete